Students think they can do many things at a time and do them all well. There are many studies and articles out that contradict that belief. A recent article (1/24/2015) can be found here was based on research conducted at West Point. This article (11/15/16) compares distracted web surfing to second hand smoke.
What do you think? Can you do homework while browsing twitter? Can you read and listen to your favorite band at the same time? Read the article that goes with this survey. For this assignment ONLY, you can have out your phone in class. Read the article and answer the questions with the survey just like you would do it for an assignment from home. Let’s see how you do with the questions and compare your results with other students.
When you are finished, post your thoughts about this topic on your Weebly blog page. Do some research and find another article that will give evidence for either pro or con the effects of multi-tasking (or both). Put this link on your weebly page.
The results of our informal survey (fall 2013) can be found by clicking here!
Here is another study from a school that banned cell phones – test scores increased 6%
Test your multitasking skill with this game and post your score on your blog. Do you think you should have scored higher or lower…or do you agree with the score.
Your in the right spot! The top jobs in the United States all revolve around technology according to this USA Today article.
According to the article ” These days, almost every company is in some way a tech company, requiring workers who are able to create and maintain a firm’s technological infrastructure.”
- Read the article above.
- Click on the link about the 50 best jobs.
- Select two different jobs on the list and explore the available jobs, including description and experience (education, etc.)
- Of the two, choose one and write a blog post, including a brief general description of the job (use google), a more detailed decription of the job listed, salary range for the job, and what experiences are necessary (education, job experience, etc.)
- Be sure to publish your blog post.
- Tap on the bottom middle button to add a bookmark.
- Select add to home screen.
- You should get a white button with a M on it.
- Click add, and it will be added to your device.
- Open the link above, click the bookmark icon
- Bookmark the page you want to add to a Home screen
- Open the browser “bookmarks” screen
- Long-press the bookmark you want
- Select “Add to Home screen”
- You “should” get a white box with a “M” in it. Some devices, the icon only shows up as a red bookmark.
Do I have to take finals?
or more than 2 absences or more than 5 tardies or no referrals
If YES Then:
Final Exam Schedule
END OF 2016-2017 FIRST SEMESTER SCHEDULE
Wednesday, January 18, 2017 (Lunches Served)
Period 1 – 4 Regular schedule for all students (period 5 will not meet)
Period 6 Finals 12:25 p.m. – 1:35 p.m.
Period 7 Finals 1:45 p.m. – 2:55 p.m.
Thursday, January 19, 2017 (No Lunches Served)
Period 1 Finals 8:10 a.m. – 9:20 a.m.
Period 2 Finals 9:30 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
Period 3 Finals 10:50 a.m. – Noon
Friday, January 20, 2017 (No Lunches Served)
Period 4 Finals 8:10 a.m. – 9:20 a.m.
Period 5 Finals 9:30 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
Make Up Finals* 10:50 a.m. – 12 Noon
Monday, January 23, 2017 Second Semester Begins
**All work must be completed by the end of your last regular class period**