Working with People in a Technical World
Daily Tech Update
Guide to Managing Maintaining Your PC (GMM) Chapter 3 Power Point
Assignments in Class
- Assignment – Page 104 Thinking Critically
- Assignment – Page 105 Project 3-1, 3-2
- Assignment – Page 107 Project 3-3, 3-4, 3-5
- Assignment – Page 108 Real Problem 3-1 Work sources (oDesk, Monster, etc.) – Find a job and report to the class.
The above assignments will be done in class.
Documentation-Trouble Tickets – try freshdesk.com
Interview Tech Support Person – Due 6/10/13
Questions to ask
- Business Name, e-mail
- Description of services offered -hardware, software, mobile devices, screen repair
- Describe a typical day.
- Do you work weekends? Do you travel?
- What are the biggest challenges in your job?
- Why are you better than your competitors?
- Do you ever work as part of a team? Describe
- How do you document your daily tasks?
- What resources do you use to solve problems?
- What are the skills/abilities necessary to succeed in this job?
- How do you keep up to date with changes in technology?
- What attributes of the job do you most like?
- What attributes of the job would you like to see changed? Why?
- What attracted you to this job?
- What personal qualities does your employer look for in this position?
- What certifications/degrees do you have?
Lab –COER 116 Lab 1
- Read Chapter 4
- Interview Tech Support Person Paper / Report Due-6/10/13
- Research for Daily Tech