Throughout the semester, we will be creating a interactive e-book that 4th and 5th grade Moline Elementary students will be using with their classroom iPad.
Download this pdf to your computer as a guide: Publishing_with_iBooks_Author
Good video tutorial: http://www.tmadeeasy.com/tablet-apps-in-education/tag/ibook-author-tutorials
A collection of tutorials: http://www.scoop.it/t/publishing-with-ibooks-author
Apple Resource Elements Overview: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2748
Apple Resource Add Glossary Entries: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2753?viewlocale=en_US
iBooks Author Activity
It is time for you to start assembling and preparing to publish your own ebook using iBook Author. The best part about this tool is that it is very easy to use and you are limited only by your creativity.
You can include the following to enhance the experience: Video Clips, Audio Clips, 3D graphics, Interactive Quizzes, Presentations, Images, Primary Documents, Art, Music, Photo Galleries, Interactive Images, Voice Overs, etc.
– The Widget Gallery
– Adding an Interactive Widget
– Add Placeholders to a Custom Template or Layout
1. Choose a topic of focus for your chapter (from here!). You can divide this up among your group. Roles will include Writer, Editor, Photographer, Designer, Widget Editor, Video Editor.
2. Research your topic, keep track of relevant sources, and build a bank of visuals, audio and anything else to enhance your topic in the iBook Author format.
3. Include a narrative to highlight interesting stories or elements.
4. Go through an editing stage with your peers.
5. Submit written portion for assessment to your instructor.
Start building your iBook
– Set up the iBook (we will agree on a common template style for consistency)
– Add and format text
– Start adding images, graphics, media, and widget content
– Preview the book on an iPad continuously (we will have to figure this out, but you can view it in an emulated iPad).
– Continue building and developing a rich, deep and highly interactive learning experience.
– Ask Peers to preview and make feedback
– Instructor feedback