You have opened a retail store. Your store could sell jewelry, clothing, sporting goods, or anything else you wish. You will need a flyer to promote the grand opening of your new store. A flyer is a one- page document that is sent in the mail, hand delivered, or left out for pick up. The intended audience is prospective customers residing in the area of the business location. A flyer should have large ele- ments to catch the reader’s attention so that the reader immediately knows the general topic. The rest of the flyer should contain as much information as possible, including business name, address, phone number, e-mail address, Web site address, and fax number. These elements can be smaller because the flyer already has the reader’s attention. A flyer should also include coupons or other promotions to draw the prospective customer into the store.
- In a new document create a flyer that will be sent to prospective customers announcing your grand opening.
- Assume the flyer will be printed in color and format the text appropriately. Decide which text should be used to get the reader’s attention and make that text much larger. Experiment with different fonts for the larger text, and choose one that is easy to read and compliments your business. Experiment with different ways of emphasizing the text.
- Bold all occurrences of the store’s name. Be sure each occurrence of the store’s name is in the same color.
- Format appropriate paragraph alignments throughout the flyer.
- Insert a Clip art (or a couple) to help with the attractiveness of the flyer.
- The document should only be 1 (one) page.
- Check the document on screen and correct any errors and misspellings.
- Save the document naming it Grand Opening.